We had some lovely ideas sent in. It would have been good to be there when they were created and to know how you got your solutions. Here are just a few. I was interested in both Alexander's and George's good descriptions in words to say what they created.
I used $9$ bricks. I put $8$ of them together in a $3$ by $3$ square with the middle one missing. I then put the $9$th brick on the middle brick of one of the rows. So I had one brick with $5$ faces showing, $7$ bricks with $3$ faces showing and $1$ brick with $2$ faces showing.
and George wrote;
I used $11$ bricks. I had $1$ row of $3$ bricks joined to a row of $4$ bricks and the $4$ brick row was joined to another row of $3$ bricks. On one of the rows of $3$ bricks I put the $11$th brick at the end on top.
Ewan, Fraser, Jenny Lee and Ayan had a good idea of only counting the faces you could see, so they sent in this picture;
Kristy and Amy used the computer and sent in;
Zain sent in two ideas, one of which is;
Finally Lily and Alex sent in:
Well done everyone! I'm sure that many more of you who did not send in solutions came up with some interesting ideas and if your class/group did not have a go try it now!