Dan bought a packet of crisps and an ice cream.
The cost of both of them together is in one of the boxes below.
If you are using dollars instead of pounds then go to
Use these clues to find out how much he paid:
1. You need more than three coins to make this amount.
2. There would be change when using most valuable coin to buy them.
3. The crisps cost more than $50$p.
4. You could pay without using any copper coins.
5. The ice cream costs exactly twice as much as the crisps.
(If you are in Hong Kong, have a look here.doc
for a version created by Mrs Voce at Victoria Shanghai Academy in Hong Kong.)