The game uses a 3x3 square board. 2 players take turns to play,
either placing a red on an empty square, or changing a red to
orange, or orange to green. The player who forms 3 of 1 colour in a
Reasoning based on this Japanese activity.
A game somewhat similar to 'noughts and crosses' on a much larger
This is a game for two players.
You will need a copy of the game board and a counter.
Work out how to play by watching the video and discussing what you think the rules are.
Make sure you turn the sound off.
Check your rules by watching the video again with the sound on.
2. Player 2 places their counter on the game board over one of the numbers and says that number.
3. Player 1 moves the same counter in any direction along a line segment to a neighbouring number and announces the total of the two numbers.
4. Player 2 moves the same counter to cover a neighbouring number, adds on that number, and announces the 'running' total of the three numbers.
5. Players take it in turns to slide the counter to cover a neighbouring number and to add that number to the 'running' total.
6. Players must move when it is their turn.
7. No 'jumping' is allowed.