This is a game for two players.
You will need a dice or you could use our interactive dice
How to play:
- Decide on a target number. This is the total that both players are trying to make.
- Player 1 throws the dice. S/he can choose whether to double the number shown or halve the number shown.
- Player 2 throws the dice. In the same way, s/he can choose whether to double the number shown or halve the number shown. Player 2 adds his/her number onto Player 1's number to make a running total.
- Play continues like this with each player rolling the dice, halving or doubling the number and adding the result onto the running total.
- The winner is the player who reaches the agreed target exactly.
Here are some questions to think about:
Must each player always take a turn?
Does it matter if you go first or second?
Are there any particularly good numbers to choose as your target?