- First make 3 strips of light card, each four squares long.
- Draw six pictures or put a stamp in some of the squares, as
- Fold along the lines and make nice sharp creases - keeping your
pictures on the outside.
- Start with the strip that has only one picture on it and join
the ends with sticky-tape. (Hint: it's easier if you squash it flat
on the table while putting the tape on).
- Now take the strip with 2 pictures on it and link it through
the first strip - just like you're making a paper chain. Join the
ends of the second strip with sticky-tape.
- Last, put the strip with 3 pictures through the second strip,
and tape the ends.
- You should now have a chain with 3 square links in it.
Now by turning and gently pushing the links inside each other,
make a cube .
Can you make a cube with a picture on every face?
Can you make all the pictures hide away inside the cube?
This activity features in our
December 2008 Advent Calendar.