First Forward Into Logo
It was Jane's insistence that we walk the semi-circle on the netball pitch. She was dismayed that I could not see that if we went forward one, right one a lot of times we would:
a. get back to where we started
b. have walked a circle.
Jane was six years old at the time and it had been my question, about the wheels on a train that she had drawn using LOGO, that had given rise to a protracted conversation, a walk round the netball pitch and an eventual agreement about:
First you might like to convince yourself about this instruction.
Then, why not experiment with:
* a different number of REPEATS
* going BACKWARD instead of FORWARD
* increasing/ decreasing the amount moved
* going LEFT instead of RIGHT
* increasing/ decreasing the amount turned.
Alternatively you might like to make some patterns using circles. Or, you might like to replicate the patterns below.