Children you might like to:
- Explore the Internet and find out which mathematician
'invented' the idea of coordinates.
Parents you might like to:
- Try playing the games of Coordinate Cunning in
- Discuss strategies to help you win.
- Talk about what you remember doing with 'Coordinate plane' when
last in school.
- Help find out about the mathematician who is reputed to have
'invented' the Cartesian (hint) plane.
Teachers you might like to:
- Organise a knockout competition around the game of Coordinate
Play Games with children at each stage having to win the best
of three games until the final. Then they can play the best of five
- Explain the terms plain and plane and go on to show how the
coordinate plane can be used to show multiplication facts (y = 2x,
y = 3x etc..)
- Introduce children to coordinates in space (x,y,z).