Copyright © University of Cambridge. All rights reserved.
To go back to the introduction to
this series of professional development activities, click
Assessing your embedding of rich tasks into the curriculum:
Having started to embed rich tasks into your scheme of work you
will need to:
- assess what works and what does not
- make decisions on how to extend your mapping
- consider what further support you might need
This Activity, along with Activities
are designed to help you with the above.
The best way to go about evaluating and reviewing a particular
lesson is to work with a colleague. However, what is suggested here
can be used as a means of self-reflection. Before the lesson you
will need to prepare:
ither use this opportunity to do some peer observation, with a
colleague using the prepared observation/reflection sheet, or
during and after the lesson use the sheet to jot down some notes of
Discuss or reflect on:
- what was successful
- what you would do differently next time
- what key things pupils did that could be highlighted or drawn
out more in future
Use this to inform planning for next time.