EWWNP means Exploring Wild and Wonderful Number Patterns Created by Yourself! Investigate what happens if we create number patterns using some simple rules.
Let's suppose that you are going to have a magazine which has 16
pages of A5 size. Can you find some different ways to make these
pages? Investigate the pattern for each if you number the pages.
Place four pebbles on the sand in the form of a square. Keep adding as few pebbles as necessary to double the area. How many extra pebbles are added each time?
1. "It's doubling!" whispered Anna.
2. "I've seen numbers like that on a calendar," said David.
3. "It's a bit like the doubling going backwards," thought
4. "Triangular numbers!" declared David.
5. "It might help to look at the gaps between the numbers,"
6. "Cubes!" announced David.
7. "Wow!" gasped Anna, "How can we do that one?"
"It's like the one where you
looked at the gaps - but here it's the gaps between the gaps,"