Copyright © University of Cambridge. All rights reserved.
'Name the Children' printed from http://nrich.maths.org/
Eight children from Blue Class were ready for games early. Their
names, in alphabetical order, were Ali, Baxter, Chris, Danny, Ella,
Fred, Greta and Helen. They stood (not in alphabetical order) by
the edge of the field watching Red Class playing football.
Can you name the children using the five clues below?
1. Ella and Fred have fair hair.
2. Ali, Baxter and Greta have black hair.
3. Ali, Chris, Danny, Ella and Fred all have special red shirts for
4. Baxter and Ella are taller than the others.
5. Ali, Chris and Helen are shorter than the others.