Copyright © University of Cambridge. All rights reserved.
'Prompt Cards' printed from http://nrich.maths.org/
Can you work out what Charlie's number is from these clues?
- C1: Charlie's number is palindromic, the second and third
numbers are different.
- C2: Charlie's number is greater than 100 and is prime.
- C3: Charlie's number is odd. The difference between the largest
and smallest digits is 5.
- C4: Charlie's number is less than 1000. The sum of the digits
- C5: Charlie's number is not divisible by 3. It is less than
- C6: Charlie's number is a whole number with only two
Now can you make this tower from coloured cubes? Or, if
you don't have any cubes, you could draw it.
- C1: There are six blocks in the tower, a yellow one is at the
- C2: The red block is above the green block.
- C3: One of the yellow blocks is above the green block, the
other is below it.
- C4: Each of the blue blocks shares a face with the green
- C5: No two blocks of the same colour touch each other.
- C6: There are no brown blocks in the