Copyright © University of Cambridge. All rights reserved.
'Number Detective' printed from http://nrich.maths.org/
Calling all detectives! You will need to think creatively, use your reasoning skills and your problem solving strategies to find the mystery number from the list below.
- The number has two digits.
- Both of the digits are even.
- The digit in the tens place is greater that the digit in the ones place.
- The ones digit is not in the three times table.
- The tens digit is not double the ones digit.
- The sum of the two digits is a multiple of five.
You might now like to play the game Statement Snap or have a go at Satisfying 4 Statements.