Children you may like to...
- begin a collection of different sets of things that only weigh
150 grams (like the prawn crackers ?). How many paper clips weigh
150 grams, how many felt pens? How many multi-link cubes?
- investigate the different ways there are of seating 3 boys and
3 girls around a circular table.
- find in the text above two French words that we now use in the
English. What other words can you think of?
Parents you may like to help children:
- explore and talk about objects in the home that are of a
similar weight but of differing sizes
- look up and talk about the different words that have the same
or similar meaning to 'communique'
- talk about and appreciate the cost of keeping different types
- consider five very different animals and decide on three
adjectives that best describe them - e.g. a small, singing, soaring
Teachers you may like to help children:
- distinguish between weight and mass, giving examples
- explore the different methods of measuring an object's
- explore the differing instruments that are used for measuring
in all its aspects
- suggest units by which they would measure humour, sorrow,
happiness, appreciation of music or paintings, etc.