Copyright © University of Cambridge. All rights reserved.
'Counter Roundup' printed from http://nrich.maths.org/
If you can see this message Flash may not be working in your browser
Please see http://nrich.maths.org/techhelp/#flash to enable it.
Number of players:
1 if using the interactive board
2 or more if you print a copy of the game board.
You can download a gameboard to print out here.
To round up as many of the counters as possible
The interactive game board if playing alone.
If playing with friends you will need:
32 coloured counters
Printed copy of the game board.
How to play: (2 player)
- Use coloured counters to cover all of the circles on the game board except for the one in the centre.
- Decide who will go first.
- Take turns in jumping over one counter a time and into an empty space.
- You must follow the lines that are on the board.
- Round up the counters that you jump over.
- You can continue jumping over counters as long as there is an empty space for you to land on.
- The game ends when all of the counters are rounded up or when no more moves are possible.
- The person who has rounded up the most counters is the winner.
How to play: (1 player)
- Drag the blue counter so it hops over another counter into an empty space.
- Can you clear the board, leaving just one counter?
- Can you leave just the centre counter?
Printable NRICH Roadshow