Copyright © University of Cambridge. All rights reserved.
'How Much Did it Cost?' printed from http://nrich.maths.org/
Dan bought a packet of crisps and an ice cream.
The cost of both of them together is in one of the boxes below.
If you are using dollars instead of pounds then go to
Use these clues to find out how much he paid:
1. You need more than three coins to make this amount.
2. There would be change from the most valuable coin.
3. The crisps cost more than $50$p.
4. You could pay without using any copper coins.
5. The ice cream costs exactly twice as much as the crisps.