Copyright © University of Cambridge. All rights reserved.
'Arrow Arithmetic 2' printed from http://nrich.maths.org/
Make sure you understand these facts about twizzles before trying
to answer the question.
- Translate twizzles by dragging them.
- Unlock a twizzle by clicking on its spot. Lock it again by
clicking on the spot again.
- Dragging the body of an arrow translates it.
- Dragging the head of an arrow will change its direction and
length - it is enlarged and rotated.
- You can drag the number arrow of an unlocked twizzle off the
- You can change the value of a twizzle when it is unlocked by
dragging the head of its number arrow.
- A locked twizzle always has the same value, no matter in what
direction it points, or how big it is.
- You can return a number arrow to its spot again with a double