Children, parents and teachers, you may like to discuss
Money, budgeting and spending:
- How much pocket money do you get?
- What do you spend your money on?
- Make a list of all the things that are bought by others-
especially for you. What things are essential and what things are
- When do you need to save money?
- Why might you borrow money?
- What do you think your parents would say if you asked to borrow
1p today, 2p tomorrow, 4p the day after, 8p the day after and so on
each day of this month?
- When do adults borrow money?
- Do you know how much it cost to borrow money? Can you find
Currency + Exchange Rates:
- Could you make a graph to show the exchange rate from pounds to
euros? What about other currencies/ What about converting from
euros to pounds?
- How many different currencies are there in Europe now? How many
were there before January 1st 2002?
- What other currencies do you know? Why not begin a collection
of different coins?
- What do you know about the euro?
- Why do so many currencies come in units of 1,2,5,10,20,50 and