Children you may like to:
- Complete the silhouettes of Little Ming and Little Fung dancing
for joy at the news Leo and Leone are definitely coming to
- Estimate then calculate accurately how much time in minutes
there is before your school holiday starts. Find what margin of
error you and your friends make on this activity.
- Discuss with others, then write a poem about what would you
want to do if you were to go to China for your next school
- Leo and Leone are two closely related names make a list of
other similar names used for girls and boys.
Parents you might like to:
- Talk about then try to list all the denominations of
- Discuss the problems of having friends to stay - whether it be
for a 'sleep over' or staying for a period of time. List the plans
and preparations that would be needed.
- Decide what are 'exaggerated tones of exasperation' and
rehearse some with each other.
- Consider the different ways Santa could visit 3, 4, 5 .....all
the households on your street, when making his rounds this
Teachers you might like to:
- Use the opportunity to discuss other religions and some of the
ceremonies they enjoy.
- Encourage the children to write about their experiences when
staying with or sleeping over at a friends.
- Consider the celebration of Christmas, and using the Internet
to explore the symbolism of some of the items often taken for
granted. e.g. The tree? The baubles? The gifts. The holly and the
- Build upon some of the figures of speech found above - ' ...a
full head of steam'; '...think aloud'; '..all ears'; etc.
- Consider the mathematical opportunities presented when: 1.
wrapping a specific present (some multilink) with the LEAST amount
of paper 2. designing a Christmas tree/ candle using LOGO 3.
everyone in class exchanges gifts and cards - just how much is
needed? 4. singing 'The 12 days of Christmas' and finding ALL the
presents bought (hint: 1 + 1 + 2 + ....)