Children you might like to:
- investigate which different types of rabbits there are;
- survey your friends about the pets they have - find ways of
showing this information;
- If the rabbits caught are housed in hutches holding eight of
them then 4 rabbits will be left out; while if the rabbits are
housed in hutches holding five of them then only 3 go are left out.
How many rabbits are there?
- What is the best way to house all rabbits?
Parents you might like to:
- talk through the trials and tribulations of keeping pets
- list the different types of animals, what their young are
called and what they usually live in - e.g. fowl, chicken,
- find out all you can about the year of the rabbit
- seek out March Hare, White Rabbit and other creatures from
Teachers you might like to:
- introduce the Fibonacci sequence through the legend of rabbit
- explore the myth surrounding rabbits and good luck/ good
- consider the role of the rabbit in literature and song
- investigate the different designs suitable for a hutch
- construct different curves of pursuit as the proverbial dog
chases the rabbit. [Try varying the speed of each animal]