Children you might like to:
- find different ways of writing 07:30 s
- how in three distinct ways the things you take to school
- write about what you would like to do at school this year.
Parents you might like to:
- examine other aspects of a youngster's day with regard to the
24 hour clock
- get the children to 'close their eyes and imagine the journey
to school', with you questioning them about what they pass, what
they see, who they recognise.
- make up strange words, like 'stupendous' that could be used for
... lots of, a small amount of, a long time and a very dull
- talk through the summer vacation and list all the things that
have been done. You never know Miss Chow King may be their new
Teachers you might like to:
- build on the root words microscope/ telescope and investigate
the issue of enlargement and scale factors - making things larger
and smaller examine different types of time pieces used through
- get the children to estimate a passage of time - 3 minutes say
and see how accurate/ inaccurate they have been. How
can you represent these trials?
- build upon words like 'cough up' and sewn up'. What other words
do the children know and what do they understand by them?