Children you may like to:
- See if you have lived a million seconds.
- Estimate then work out how long it will take your heart to beat
a million times.
- Investigate a number much bigger than a million - a googol.
Find how big is it? Find who invented it? What other number is
related to it? ..
Parents you may like to help children:
- Explore the difference between a milliard, a million, billion,
- Find examples of very large numbers used every day .
- By showing them things in the home that you have 'millions'
- By listing the words associated with elation and other
Teachers you may like to help children:
- Explore the idea of representing a million.
- Find which historical figures were alive a million days
- Consider how long there has been life on Earth.
- Find how far a million pennies would reach when laid out end to
- Find how tall a pile one million pounds would be. Would piles
of £10 notes differ from 20's or 50's or 5's for that
- Find or invent other words used to denote size - e.g humungous,
- Explore what they would do if they became 'millionaires'
- Design and construct an appropriate ransom note for the